Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Travels

Thanks everyone for your get well wishes for little Gbear, I think they're working. He slept the whole trip in the car yesterday (3 hours each way) and went down for the night super early. Sometimes sleep is the best medicine.

I figure I have a lot of catching up to do and some of it maybe a bit boring, but my blog is also my way of remembering things, so I'm going to break it up. First up: Holiday Travel.

As for our holiday travels, I was quite pleased they went without many struggles. We got extremely lucky! The airports here only have a few of the new scanner machines, so we were sent to the family line and through a normal metal detector. All of the TSA agents were super polite and helpful (even when lil gbears bottles leaked in the bin) Lil Gbear even got free pictures with Santa, who was set up right next to the gate.  Our first flight got delayed over an hour, so we were worried we would be stuck in the airport overnight, because it was going to land 5 minutes after our connecting flight was scheduled to leave. However, they had some holiday spirit because they held the plane for us :)

Traveling home we left early in the morning. Again they had a special family line (we got to skip a huge security line, I almost felt a little guilty!) They did have new scanners at every lane at this airport and I really didn't want to have to bring little man through one. I was getting a little nervous about having to be assertive, but in the end they had old fashioned metal detectors at each station, so they just sent us through that. Unfortunately, lil Gbear was already sick at this point. Traveling with a sick child, not exactly happy times. Luckily we only had a couple meltdowns. I felt sorry for the people around us, well, except for the ones that gave us dirty looks. I know it's not fun to be around a crying baby (believe me, when I used to travel before gbear I always crossed my fingers to be in a baby free zone) but it's not the parents fault (usually) if the baby is upset. Think of how stressed the parents are and please refrain from nasty comments muttered under breath and mean glares.

3 comments:

Steph said...

That's why people should always bring an iPod and ear plugs on the plane. Skip the dirty looks and go for the music.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my dog post. It's SO true. No matter what breed or size, you need to train your dog. I'm glad you had a nice trip and that everything went smoothly!

Mrs. Mootz said...

Glad your holiday traveling went so well! I hope lil GBear is feeling better.

Have a great New Year!

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs