Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Thought I Was Ready

I thought I was ready to look for a job. I figured that little Gbear is over a year old now, but apparently my heart is rebelling.

Let me back it up a bit. I've mentioned before that I was beginning to look for jobs. I submitted my resume to one and never heard anything (there was no contact info other than an email, so I couldn't call to inquire) It had been a part time position, but a little something that would get me out of the house, make a little extra money, and really help build my resume (which other than school is pretty pathetic) Then a friend of a friend mentioned a job opening their friend had at a law firm. Great! I contacted her, she seemed interested. She reviewed my resume and offered me an interview.

Cue hyperventilation. 
Am I actually going to get a job? Do I really need to ramp up my daycare search? I started trying to figure out who could watch little Gbear just for the interview (which made me realize the sad situation of my amount of friends in the area) *scratch that* I have quite a few friends, but very few I'd trust with Gbear. If I was back home, I would have a list of at least 10 people I could count on in a pinch. Here, I have one, but I don't like to take advantage of her. (and she has work that day so it's not even an option)

So, I've come to two conclusions. 1) I really need to make some friends. Preferably ones with children. All of my friends here are not at that stage. And 2) If I'm stressing this much about leaving Gman for 1 hour, I'm so not ready to go to work and leave him FULL TIME (oh I forgot to mention that haha, this job is full time)

In my freak out I called my dad. He always knows the right thing to say. You never get these years back, so think really hard if this particular job is worth it. You're a smart girl; you'll find a job when you're ready.

Hmm. Full time job at just above minimum wage with no real room for growth. I think I have my answer.
Here's hoping it's the right choice.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great choice to me! Lots of women would love to have the ability to stay at home with their children. Plus, if you want to keep up your skills and/or gain new ones, there are tons of volunteer positions available. This way you can stay at home with your child, but still get some "work" experience and some "adult" time! =)

Anonymous said...

Everything happens for a reason. You will find a job when you are supposed to.

Steph said...

I think I agree with your dad. Best wishes!

Unknown said...

I think your dad is right. I stayed at home for 6 years and thought I'd go back when he started first grade. Now, we have another one (who's 2) and I'm only comfortable with working PT and that's only when dad isn't working.

I always think that they'll come a time when they don't think I'm so cool and won't want to hang out with me as much, so I'm taking it all in now!

I’m a new follower!

Sam
http://www.themomanddadreviews.com/

Jessa said...

I was never ready to leave my kids. Even now. I'm home and they are in school full time. Even missing the hour before school, or the hours after, I couldn't do it. Thankfully my husband is awesome and lets me do that.

Jennifer said...

I think you made a good choice! My mom was a stay at home mom and I loved that she was always there.

hmb said...

Yo...your pops sounds smart.

Lou said...

your amazing. I love how you care so much about GBear. I also thing your dad has a valid point, im sure if your heart tells you that its the right decision then there is no need to look back!

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs