Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Today I Wear My Kite


That my lovelies is a badge I am proud to wear today. Today is International Badge Day, a day in which the 26 members of the National Panhellenic Society wear their badges with pride and recognize the camaraderie created by being a member of a Panhellenic group. While I know some people don't view sororities as "their thing", I can say that I am glad I chose to Go Greek. It isn't all about the parties. And it isn't all about cattiness {don't get me wrong, put that many girls together and there's bound to be drama}. I made friends for life and also, whenever I move, the Alumnae chapters instantly give me a connection. We are bound together by the badge we wear.

I decided in honor of badge day I'd take a little trip down memory lane and look through some of my photos with the lovely ladies I can call my sisters. I'm a bit of a camera whore, if you haven't noticed that already with my bazillion pics of Bear and Gbear, but I'll try not to go too overboard ;)

9 comments:

Irish Italian Blessings said...

How great!! The pictures look like you guys shared some really great times and have some fun memories!

Lou said...

hah i love the under the sea picture. How fun i would o fnever guessed you were a sorority girl!

JG said...

One thing I feel like I missed out on in college was the Greek experience. Since I went to Community College first, I didn't feel like I could go for rush week when I transfered since I wasn't actually a freshman. I wish I had tried anyway. I really envy the camaraderie you guys all have.

Anonymous said...

I would have gone greek if I had finished my transfer to the university. I think it is a great way to have fun and support while going to school. I know a number of people who were in frats or sororities and I think I really missed out. :)

Ashley@LearningLifeAsLucy said...

You know, i think this is one of the things I regret about not going to a university of sorts, I never got to experience this. I was married and pregnant by 18 so it kinda really wasn't an option. I'm quite envious of your experience lol

Mrs. H said...

Oh the college days! :) Whoever said high school was the highlight of your life was TOTALLY wrong :) The pictures are darling! :)

hmb said...

I didn't go Greek because I basically worked full time and didn't feel like I had the time to devote to it....but I still think it's funny that my grandmother offered to pay for whatever costs were involved if I would only break up with my boyfriend.

Unknown said...

So fun!!

Beckie said...

I definitely didn't go Greek but it looks like you had a blast and it's really great that you've had such a good experience and are so proud :).

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs