Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesday Summer Salad

This is one of my go to recipes for summer time. It's great for BBQ's, potlucks, etc. because it doesn't go bad in the heat and when it's fresh out of the fridge it's super refreshing. {My grandma used to have me make it all the time} Don't let the sauerkraut scare you away. Even people that don't like kraut have liked this salad {I'm not a big fan of it myself, but the way the salad is made I love it}

Summer Salad

1 large can sauerkraut, drained {or jar}
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced (choice of color)
1 Cup sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
 
 Combine first four ingredients. Add sugar to salad and stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.Chill overnight or place in freezer for 20 minutes. Stir and return to freezer for an additional 20 minutes.
I usually use red bell peppers to give the salad some color, but any color pepper would work :-) Enjoy!!
 
 

1 comments:

Fran said...

It sounds delicious! I'll have to try it sometime :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs