Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Comfort Zone

Creature of habit. That’s an excellent way to describe me. I’d love to think I was spontaneous and exciting, but quite frankly, shortly after college graduation, I became quite predictable. Predictable can be comfortable, but sometimes I feel like I’m missing out.

I look at all the wonderful exciting things my Facebook friends are up to and it makes my life seem plain. Of course, Facebook is a skewed perspective, but it’s easy to feel like you are standing still.

I’ve slowly been making an effort to step out of my comfort zone now and again and while I won’t be shedding the old lady ways quite yet, I’ve been finding ways to make some amazing memories.

This weekend saw the fulfillment of one of these efforts. A few months ago I registered for the Color Run {and somehow managed to recruit my new coworkers to join in on the fun!}If you’re not familiar, it’s a 5k where you wear white and get covered in dyed cornstarch.  Some other lovely bloggers such as Fran {Freeborboleta} and Acacia {hello lovely} have already participated in it’s amazing-ness.  I think if I had been left to my own devices, in spite of my most valiant efforts, I would have chickened out. I mean, 15,000 people? This lady is intimidated by crowds {unless I’m performing on stage and then, world lookout!} I’m proud of myself for completing this endeavor and had a blast while doing it. With a great running partner, I managed to run almost the entire time. This is big for me as I haven’t truly run since my high school cross country days.  Long story short, I’m so glad I could get out of my own fears and learn to have a little fun with my coworkers who are awesome and quickly becoming friends.

2 comments:

Fran said...

aw yeah! I knew you'd love it, the color run is so much fun :)

Rhe Christine said...

that is so awesome!! you go girl ;)

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs