Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Craft Time with McDancer

I saw a few different bloggers do this craft and I thought it would be great for a St.Patrick's Day wreath. Rebekah over at Life with the Edwards posted a tutorial back in February. Since so many others have done tutorials, I will give a cliff notes version for mine :)

I chose 4 fabrics from JoAnn's. I went with the pre cut squares they have in the quilting section because I have a terrible time choosing, so it narrowed my options down. I think if I did this again I would get 5, to just make it a little fuller. Wire hanger. Shamrock.

Bear wanted to help. I cut the fabric into long strips and then cut them in half. I formed the wire hanger into a wonky circle. {I would advise against using the ones that are covered in white plastic~ it makes it harder to bend and makes a mess. Learned the hard way lol} Then I cut the strips in half and tied them into knots around the wire. After they were all tied I fluffed it up and attached a shamrock decoration I got at JoAnn's.
And Voila!

Now I've got a fun St. Patrick's Day wreath :)

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oooooh! This is soooo cute!!! I wanna make one! lol! :D

Anonymous said...

Love this!! Yours came out super cute!

hmb said...

very cute!

Kathleen said...

Please see my blog... you won a giveaway!

Lou said...

yay i loved this when i first saw it!! Omg yours is adorable!

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs