Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Art: chronicling our history

When I was in college, one of my final papers was written about War Art. I specifically got into the details comparing Vietnam Vets and their art to the artwork being created by Veterans of the War in Iraq. A lot of heartbreaking images, but so moving.

When I saw this, I couldn't help but be intrigued. What really moves me about art like this is it really captures our history. Not just what people want to remember. It's terrible that we have to have these things in our history, but it is vitally important that we never forget the sacrifices. These images truly serve to humanize the people who have given the ultimate sacrifice. They were someone's son, daughter, sister, brother. Not just a name on a list.

Take a minute and take a peek and never forget.
Soldiers' Bedrooms

1 comments:

Mrs. F said...

Somehow I missed this exhibit, it's so moving! I'm surrounded by war art at work and my department is working on an accession of art from the current wars by Marine artists who were deployed, it's incredible stuff!

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs