Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

He Only Takes the Best

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understandings with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints in our heart, and we are never ever the same."

I have so many emotions surrounding this day. Two years ago today, I was anxiously awaiting my fiance's return for R&R. We we're getting married while he was home. I was driving to get my hair cut, one of the last preparations on my list. That's when I got a call. After checking the caller id, I let it go to voicemail. When I listened to the message my heart dropped. Tears filled my eyes. One of my closest friends from college, one of my beloved sorority sisters had passed away in her sleep.

Two years ago today a wonderful woman went up to be with God. She had such an amazing spirit and given the time I know she would have changed the world. As it is, she was taken from us too soon, so I try to live my life in memory of her.

On this Wednesday and everyday I try to remember her joy and sense of adventure and "Have an Excellent Day"


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote. What a wonderful way to remember your friend!

Nicole said...

Beautiful post. What a great way to honor your friend!

Steph said...

That's sad. Losing a friend is rough.

Always remember the good times.

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs