Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Blate at the Ballet

I’ve talked a little bit about meeting some amazing people through blogging, those friends that sometimes you haven’t met yet, and the day arrives when you get to truly cement the friendship made through blogging by getting together. Some call this wonderful phenomenon a Blate: Blog Date. {the jury is still out on whether I think this is cute or annoying, but for now, I’m voting cute}

Sometime after moving, a brilliant idea occurred to me. *lightbulb* The lovely Ms Erinn from It’s the Journey and I had discussed getting together. We share a love for dance, but that is just one of many things that we agree upon. I personally love seeing the Nutcracker every year. Nothing says the holidays better to me than getting a little dressed up and watching a beautiful ballet, but unfortunately, I’m pretty sure my husband would rather watch paint dry. To be fair, he is always a good sport and will go with me, but it is so much more fun to experience a dance performance with another dance lover.

When I suggested to Erinn that we meet up and see the Nutcracker together it was like fate had brought us together. We met for an awesome brunch at a restaurant which changes it’s theme regularly {we’re talking menu, décor, everything} For our visit we had the pleasure of getting a taste of Boston. We chatted and ate and generally just enjoyed each other’s company. When we arrived at the performance center we took pictures with giant Rat Kings and Herr Drosselmeyer and generally just soaked in every element. Every time I discovered something magical, Erinn was right there oohing and ahhing with me. When it was time for the show we squeed with delight and enjoyed every moment {well, except for maybe the fact that it became RIDICULOUSLY warm} but nothing could dampen the beauty of the ballet and this wonderful day.

I seriously had the most amazing day and am so excited to have gotten to meet Erinn in person. I cannot wait for our next outing.  I am so thankful for the amazing people that blogging has brought into my life.


8 comments:

Kenya said...

That's so great!!!!

Jen said...

How fun! I love it. :)

Jane said...

Eeeek! How fun!! I am uber jealous!

Jen said...

Sounds so fun!

Unknown said...

So glad you guys had a great time! I love the Nutcracker:)

Alejandra said...

I am slowly starting to meet other bloggers here and I love it! Blates are the best. Yours sounds like such a great time!

Fran said...

I'm so jealous you guys did this together! It sounds like so much fun!

erika said...

Yay! How cool.

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright McDancing Through Life | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs